Tooth Extractions – Weatherford, TX
Say Goodbye to Your Troublesome Tooth
While we do everything that we can to keep your smile radiant and your oral health in top condition, sometimes teeth need to be extracted to protect you from future issues. In the event a tooth does need to be extracted, (and that is far from our first option when providing treatment) you can rest assured knowing that you’ll be served by a team you can trust. While we offer sedation services, we’re sure that having your care performed by people you’ve gotten to know will make the experience all the more comfortable. If you think it may be time to say goodbye to your troublesome tooth, call Beacon Dentistry today to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Beacon Dentistry for Tooth Extractions?
- In-House Implant Placement Available
- Treatment Performed by Expert – Dr. Johannsen
- Cone Beam Scanner Technology In-House
Reasons Why Tooth Extractions Are Necessary
We avoid extracting teeth unless it’s absolutely needed. However, they may be performed in the following instances:
- A tooth is severely damaged beyond repair
- Gum disease has damaged supporting bone tissue
- Your mouth needs room for orthodontic treatment
- A baby tooth won’t fall out
- Room is needed to place a denture
- To replace a weak tooth with a dental implant
Our goal is to make you feel comfortable and prepared. No matter what the reason for your extraction may be, we’ll do everything possible to create a relaxing environment.
The Process of Removing a Tooth
Teeth are either removed by pulling or surgical extraction. Teeth can only be “pulled” when they have fully emerged from the gumline. In this case, we will start by numbing the area around your teeth with a local anesthetic and using a clasping tool to shift around the tooth until it breaks away from the gums. If pulling the tooth isn’t possible, the tooth will need to be surgically extracted. For this procedure, a small incision is made to the gum tissue to allow us the ability to reach enough of your tooth to fully remove it.
When we examine your smile, we will determine which extraction method is ideal to meet your needs. When we discuss your extraction, we can also talk about potential tooth replacement options to prevent future oral health issues as a result of missing teeth.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
Before you leave our office, we will provide you with specific aftercare instructions to help you stay comfortable and avoid complications. Every case is different, but here are some steps that we typically recommend for a quick, comfortable recovery:
- Rinse with saltwater 24 hours after your procedure.
- Avoid using tobacco products until your mouth has healed.
- Keep your head elevated while you sleep.
- Get plenty of rest to promote healing.
- Take recommended over-the-counter and prescribed medication as directed.
- Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Stay away from hard, crunchy, and sticky foods.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned about Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help View Our Services