All-on-4 Dental Implants – Weatherford, TX
Restore Your Entire Smile at Once
Instead of replacing every missing tooth individually, a full denture can be supported with strategically placed dental implants. This eliminates the inconveniences of traditional dentures while avoiding much of the waiting and healing time that’s required when getting dental implants. All-on-4 dental implants can replace your entire smile at once – even sometimes on the same day. All-on-4 dental implants use four dental implants, allowing for your new smile to be stable and fully functional. To learn more about all-on-4 dental implants or to schedule a consultation, give us a call!
How Do All-on-4 Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants come with benefits that you can’t get from traditional bridges and dentures. This is because dental implants replace the roots of the missing teeth, allowing for additional stability and the prevention of bone loss. To make a good candidate for dental implants, you must have a strong enough jawbone to support replacement teeth. However, all-on-4 dental implants use four strategically placed dental implants to provide maximum support. The implants are placed in the thickest areas of the jawbone at precise angles to minimize the need for patients to undergo bone grafting. After your dental implants are placed, abutments are attached and used to secure your denture into place.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
Most people who have lost all of their teeth on one or both arches make a good candidate for all-on-4 dental implants. Even if you’ve experienced bone loss, you may still be eligible thanks to the strategic angle placement used for this procedure. Patients who would normally require bone grafting may not need It for all-on-4 dental implants. However, it’s still crucial to maintain an excellent oral hygiene routine. You should also avoid bad habits, like using tobacco products.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
You can experience all sorts of amazing benefits when you get all-on-4 dental implants. Here are some of the most prominent:
- All-on-4 dental implants are fixed in the mouth permanently. They can be brushed like regular teeth without having to take them out to clean them.
- All-on-4 dental implants feel more natural than traditional dentures. They should feel similar to your original teeth.
- All-on-4 dental implants restore more chewing power than traditional dentures. This allows patients to enjoy a full, nutritious diet with no restrictions.
- All-on-4 dental implants prevent jawbone loss. This helps patients to maintain a more youthful appearance.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
All-on-4 dental implants have some similarities to implant dentures, but there are also some key differences:
- All-on-4 dental implants often don’t require bone grafting and waiting multiple months before being placed.
- Implant dentures require up to 8 dental implants. This makes all-on-4 dental implants a more cost-effective option.
- All-on-4 dental implants often allow patients to show off their new teeth in a single day.