Dental Crowns – Weatherford, TX
Seamless Repair for Damaged Teeth
Tooth enamel is the strongest material in the human body – it’s even stronger than bone! However, your teeth are exposed to a lot of wear and tear over the years, from daily biting and chewing to sudden injuries to decay. If your tooth becomes seriously damaged or decayed, it becomes vulnerable to painful infections and other dental emergencies. Left untreated, the tooth might even have to be extracted! That’s why, at Beacon Dentistry, our dentists can protect and strengthen your smile with dental crowns in Weatherford, TX. To learn more about this method of seamless repair for damaged teeth, call our friendly dental team today!
Why Choose Beacon Dentistry for Dental Crowns?
- Fun, Lively Dentists & Team Members
- Goop-Free Digital Impressions
- Tooth-Colored, Metal-Free Materials
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped restoration that is tailored to fit over the biting surface of your tooth, or the part that sticks out from the gums. Traditionally, crowns have been made from various metals, such as gold and silver. As durable as these materials are, they stood out like a sore thumb in your smile. For that reason, we typically recommend metal-free, tooth-colored materials like porcelain, which can be customized to blend in with the rest of your pearly whites.
You might be surprised to learn how versatile dental crowns are. We may suggest a crown for a tooth that:
- Is broken and needs to be held together.
- Is badly decayed to the point that it cannot support a filling.
- Has just undergone root canal therapy.
- Has been replaced with a single dental implant.
- Has been replaced with a dental bridge.
- Is severely discolored, misshapen, or has other aesthetic flaws.
Depending on your circumstances, we’ll walk you through your treatment options and make sure you have all of the information you need to decide whether you want a dental crown. Your dentist in Weatherford will also discuss any cosmetic desires you may have so that we can ensure your restoration looks just the way you want it to.
The Dental Crown Process
Typically, getting a dental crown involves multiple appointments and several different steps:
- Our dentists examine your mouth, determine whether a dental crown is the best way to restore your oral health, and outline the process for you before you make your decision.
- We remove a small layer of enamel from the tooth that will receive the crown. This ensures the restoration will fit perfectly within your smile.
- We take impressions of that area of your mouth and send them to a trusted dental lab in the area. Until then, we place a temporary crown to shield your tooth.
- As soon as your permanent crown arrives at our office, we’ll schedule your second appointment, where we’ll remove your temporary and cement your permanent one into place.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
There are plenty of reasons to repair your smile with a dental crown in Weatherford. After all, they can:
- Help you chew comfortably again.
- Protect your natural tooth from further damage that might require an extraction.
- Blend in perfectly with your surrounding teeth.
- Feel fully natural in your mouth.
- Last for 15+ years with good oral hygiene.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned about Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help View Our Services